I don’t know if you know,
but you’re one heck of
You always want this and that.
You call me to get you out of trouble.
You run me around in circles all day and all you say is:
Well Sis, thank you for being polite,
but I’m tired.
I need more than good manners.
I need you to step up.
I’m ready to wave up my white flag,
Yet, the flag gets stuck in my pocket every time I want to surrender.
There is something about you.
Your child-like innocence,
Your ability to bring out my silliness and happiness.
So captivated that despite you had woke up super late this Saturday,
I had made you your favorite: waffles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated egg whites from yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, separate the egg whites from yolk. Beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Stir milk, oil, egg yolks and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
I don’t know why I am willing to give you all I’ve got.
I don’t know how you manage to goad me every time.
I have a soft heart?
There is something about you…
You’re an ANNOYINGLY,