Dear Future Husband,
Forgive me for posting this love letter on the World Wide Web. I’m either desperate to find you or hopeful that you’d find me.
Future Husband, if you’re out there, please take note of the following items.
They make me happy.
Happy wife = happy marriage.
Got your pen and paper or iTouch or iPad or laptop (preferably a Mac) ready?
1) Bring about the childhood I never had. Grew up too quick. At 13 years old, I had the mentality of a 31 year-old.
2) Hold my hand(s). At least once a day. Everyday. If I smile, it means I love you. If I frown and pull my hand(s) away, it means you better tell me a funny joke and then get me ice cream. Pronto.
3) Give me space. A bit of alone time, self time is good. It gives us time to release any negativity we might be feeling at the end of the day and more opportunities for smiles and laughters during our time together.
4) Show gratitude. Not just towards me for all the things I do for you and for our family but also towards those who continue to be a positive influence in your life.
5) Be generous. I don’t need to be showered with materialistic things but effort and your willingness to spend on me will make me happy and grateful that I have you.
6) Teach me. I want to learn life lessons and how to be a better person. If you give me wisdom, I’ll try to do the same with you. I want to grow with you.
7) Be honest. Don’t be afraid to confront me with any issues. Don’t be afraid to tell me that I’m stubborn or being big-headed right now. Relationships are built on trust and honesty. I trust that you’ll lead me in the right direction.
8) Show Quality. If you have a hard time expressing yourself, work at improving the quality of our relationship. Show me that I’m valuable. Let me know that you love me.
Future Husband, if you can do these things for me, I will be content. Things on the list might change over the years as we change, but this initial list sets the foundation for a happy marriage in my book.
I will not only provide you with all of the above that you will provide to me but also satisfy your tummy with good, nutritious food.
Happy tummy=Happy husband=Happy wife=Happy marriage.
See you in future!