Whenever I bake, I like to make my treats as healthy as possible. Therefore, we have the following delicious treat:
1 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup Dutch cocoa powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup agave
1/2 cup soymilk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp instant Columbian coffee
1 cup boiling water
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9 inch sq baking pan
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Stir in the soymilk, oil, and agave.
Add 2 tbsp of Columbian coffee to 1 cup of boiling water.
Pour the coffee into the cake batter.
Bake for 35 to 40 mins, or until the cake is set.
*I tried 2 kinds of frosting:
- Peanut butter chocolate frosting (mixture of Tofutti “cream cheese,”Better ‘n Peanut Butter, powdered sugar, and semi-sweet chocolate chips to taste)
- Chocolate sauce (mixture of cocoa powder, hot water, agave, and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- True to its title, the cake was super moist!
- The aroma of the Columbian coffee overpowered the cocoa. Unless you don’t mind the hint of strong coffee in your cake, I would suggest cutting down the coffee to 1 tbsp.
- As to which type of topping to use, my sister and I voted for the chocolate sauce 🙂